Team Leader Care
Eastcote, Pinner, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 12 Jun 2020
- 12 Jul 2020
Being a Team Leader at Care UK
Team Leaders at Care UK are flexible in approach and have broad experience of caring for others and leading shifts. They’re great at building relationships and inspiring others too. Collaborating and sharing information and ideas comes naturally to them, as does using tact and diplomacy to deal with challenging situations and quickly resolving them. Their innovations help to raise standards, while their passion for what they do is second to none. And, they consider it a privilege to be trusted to look after others. Do you have the same sort of attributes? Then we could have just the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
Being a Team Leader Is about acting as a role model by leading and supervising carers day-to-day, working alongside them and completing regular staff appraisals. It’s also about taking responsibility for case managing residents and liaising with families, health care professional and other stakeholders to ensure that the best care plans are created and delivered. Working closely with nurses to develop the services we provide is an important aspect of the role too, as is administering medication and carrying out risk assessments. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
Well-organised, IT literate and adept at allocating and delegating work appropriately, you have a proven ability to lead and supervise others and a good understanding of care planning processes. What’s more, you're trained, or willing to train, to administer medication and used to contributing to, monitoring and implementing changes that improve outcomes for residents. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earnings
- Earn whilst you learn and take on a variety of apprenticeships applicable to your role enabling you to increase your pay once achieved
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible hours, including day, night or weekend shifts
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
One of the UK’s leading care home providers, Care UK run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK that provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. A top rated employer in best quality results, our goal is to help every employee fulfil their potential by providing first-class training and support.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers.
We offer residential and respite care for older people, including individuals with Alzheimer's and other types of dementia. We also provide sensitive and supportive end of life care.
Our friendly and experienced care team gets to know each resident on an individual level, so that we can respond to their specific and unique needs. Our tailored care plans focus on residents' comfort and health, and we treat every person with dignity and respect.
Knowing about residents' life experiences, interests and hobbies also helps us to organise activities and outings that they'll want to take part in. And we promote choice and independence by involving residents in decisions about activities and day-to-day life at the home.
We care for residents' families and friends too – we’re always here with a listening ear and a cup of tea, and we support people who continue to play a part in their loved one's day-to-day care. Families and friends are welcome to visit or call whenever they want and we’re always happy for people to join us for activities and outings.
Care UK is
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 20,000 - 23,000 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Healthcare Assistant - Outpatient & Diagnostic Clinic £20,000-£23,000 plus Private Medical...