Community Mental Health Practitioner
Margate, Kent, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 22 May 2020
- 20 Jun 2020
Some exciting opportunities have arisen for Community Mental Health Professionals to contribute to the development of Community Older Adult Services in Thanet. We are keen to attract registered Mental Health Nurses and Occupational Therapists who have a passion for working with Older Adults. Our service focuses on both functional and organic mental health disorders. We provide comprehensive multi-disciplinary services and work closely with local specialist mental health teams, tertiary service providers, primary care, local statutory and non-statutory agencies, service users & carers.
This post offers an excellent opportunity to work in an interesting and developing service environment. You will provide specialist assessment and treatment within the team and will be committed to developing and promoting service provision for older adults.
We pride ourselves on excellence fed back from students and other professionals .We also provide excellent patient experience this is evidenced in a monthly report.
• You will act as care co-ordinator for a mixed caseload of functional and organic cases.
• You will embrace our clinical CAPA model and carry out assessment and reviews within agreed time frames delivering the right care, at the right time and in the right place.
• Be an active member and contribute to multi-disciplinary team working.
• Participate in a duty roster and deliver urgent and emergency interventions to those in crisis.
• To communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders.
• To actively contribute to the development of others.
• You will need to be able to travel in a timely manner.
What you can expect once you join the team:
- Experience of working in a specialist patient group
- Supportive environment with monthly supervision (clinical and managerial)
- Reflective Group to discuss complex cases and share learning
- MDT Risk Forum to discuss complex cases with high risks
- Essential and developmental training
- Caseload support management
- Administration support to allow you to dedicate your time
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic Mental Health Professionals. You will have a strong sense of initiative and an excellent team working ability.
You will require excellent interpersonal skills and will need to be able to adopt a flexible, collaborative and proactive approach to your work.
Effective communication skills and self-governance are required. You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of high level interventions & community assessment skills. Existing qualifications or a willingness to undertake training relevant to the post is expected.
Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership Trust - 8 jobs https://www.socialcare.co.uk/jobs/care/kent--and--medway-nhs--and--social-care-partnership-trust/ https://www.socialcare.co.uk/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/a7198e01-a56e-425d-95b2-41ef36212fbd131511744792212286.jpg
This job was posted to Mental health in Margate, Kent, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentRamsgate, Kent, England
Community Recovery Care GroupOur care group is enabling and empowering a person to find their own way after a period of mental ill ...
Full timeBankMaidstone, Kent, England
We believe in changing lives through giving excellent care that improves people's mental health and now is a great time to be part ...
£ 31000 - 36000 Per yearFull timePermanentWest Byfleet, Surrey, England
Position: Registered Manager, Learning DisabilitiesLocation: Cobham, SurreySalary: Up to £36,000On behalf of an established Social ...
£ 32,000 - 34,000 Per yearFull timePermanentMiddlesbrough, North Yorkshire, England
Staff Nurse & Senior Nurse – Neuro Rehabilitation Hospital Neuro Rehabilitation & Complex Care £32,000-...