Senior Care Assistant
Richmond, North Yorkshire, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 21 May 2020
- 20 Jun 2020
Being a Senior Care Assistant at Care UK
Senior Care Assistants at Care UK are already used to caring for others. They’re passionate about what they do, flexible in their approach and great at building a rapport with everyone they deal with. They inspire professionalism. They cope with difficult situations using tact and diplomacy and take responsibility for resolving them. They enjoy collaborating with others and sharing information and ideas. They raise standards through innovation. And, they consider it a privilege to be trusted to look after others. Do you have the same sort of attributes? Then we could have just the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
Being a Senior Care Assistant isn’t just about providing leadership and support for a care team. It’s about acting as a role model for good practice and a champion for residents’ dignity and safety. It’s about regularly assessing, monitoring and reviewing day-to-day processes and coming up with improvements where required. And, it's about ensuring that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are properly maintained and effectively used. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
An NVQ and relevant experience is essential, including a good understanding of care planning processes and a proven ability to write concise care plans. We’ll also be looking for individuals who are well-organised, with excellent supervisory skills and used to planning, allocating and delegating work appropriately. What's more, you have experience of contributing to, monitoring and implementing changes that improve outcomes for residents. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earnings
- Earn whilst you learn and take on a variety of apprenticeships applicable to your role enabling you to increase your pay once achieved
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible hours, including day, night or weekend shifts
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
One of the UK’s leading care home providers, Care UK run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK that provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. A top rated employer in best quality results, our goal is to help every employee fulfil their potential by providing first-class training and support.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers.
Greville House in Richmond is a welcoming care home which provides personalised nursing, residential and respite care for older people. We also provide intermediate care for individuals who require additional support before returning home after a stay in hospital.
We have a dementia suite with ten rooms where we provide specialist care for residents who are living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Our teams working in this suite have had specific dementia training so they’re able to meet the unique needs of these residents.
Our experienced and friendly team respects residents’ individuality and dignity at all times. We work with residents and family members to create individual care plans and we involve everyone in decision making about important aspects of life at the home, like what we have on our menus. We also encourage residents to decorate their rooms to their own tastes.
We have a great location, close to good public transport links and just a few minutes’ walk away from Richmond Park and the River Thames. The shops and facilit
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentBarnard Castle, Durham, England
If you're passionate and caring and looking for a rewarding job that comes with excellent training and great opportunities for pers...