Haringey, London, Greater London, England
- £ 21859 - 21859 Per year
- Full time, Part time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 21 May 2020
- 19 Jun 2020
We’re looking for Support Workers to work with us in Haringey at a brand new service!
This is a 4 person supported living service where we will be supporting people who are moving out of long term hospital and ATU stays into a more independent living environment.
We will be supporting people with learning disabilities, autism, complex needs, high levels of behaviours that challenge and mental health.
As a Support Worker you will;
• Accompany the people we support to activities, appointments etc.
• Assisting with day to day living tasks such as cooking and cleaning
• Ensuring the people we support are encouraged to reach their full potential
• Personal Care (e.g. using the toilet, bathing)
Work full or part time covering different shifts throughout the day, evenings and nights spread across the week, weekends and Bank holidays. Shifts are on a rota basis so you will know in advance to plan your time accordingly.
Our pay is £21,859 per annum + benefits (pro rata)
Avenues Group is a specialist provider of adult social care, supporting people with complex needs to enjoy life and live as independently as possible in their own homes.
• Have the ability to learn from experiences and change your approach when needed
• Have energy and enthusiasm to provide the best support possible
• Have motivation and drive to identify overcome obstacles
• Have an understanding of and empathy for the people you are supporting
• Show commitment to personal and professional development Your reward:
Full training will be provided and you will also be supported in your new role by your local team from day one. In addition;
• We pay for your enhanced criminal records disclosure
• Personal training & development
• Refer a friend bonus scheme – earn up to £350 (T&C’s apply)
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Pension scheme - if you join, we contribute too and life cover is provided
• 31 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (pro-rata), increasing after to 2 years’ service and after 5 years’ service
• Discount scheme on various high street shops including new airtime O2 contracts (T&C’s apply)
Apply today to find out more about careers with Avenues and how you can make a positive difference to someone’s life.