Children’s Home Registered Manager - £40k
East Sussex, England
- £ 0 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 18 May 2020
- 15 Jun 2020
Role: Children's Home Registered Manager
Location: East Sussex
A small children's home in East Sussex are currently seeking an experienced and committed care professional to become the Registered Manager of this small residential home. This home is a brand new home due to open in the coming months and therefore this will be an excellent opportunity for a Registered Manager to build your own staff team and truly make a house a home!
This role is with a leading childcare provider within the UK, and the ideal candidate for this role must be an experienced manager and must have a proven track record of working in children's services.
About the Service and Role:
The service specialises in individualised care programmes for children and young people with a variety of needs including emotional/behavioural needs.
The home is due to open in the coming months and as registered manager, you will manage every aspect of the care provision and ensure an outstanding level of service for those under your care.
You should have considerable experience of working with young people with complex needs and / or mental health, OFSTED Care experience and successful experience in improving OFSTED outcomes and supporting and providing debrief to staff who work with challenging behaviour. In return, my client can offer an excellent salary of up to £40K amongst other employee benefits.
• To develop and sustain professional & caring relationships with all young people, actively support young people to develop their understanding of their own health & wellbeing either directly or through working with key staff across the service
• To liaise with and support a variety of internal and external colleagues and professionals to promote an integrated approach to meeting our young peoples' complex requirements. These may include: psychiatrists; clinical psychologists; clinical paediatricians; dieticians; GP's; psychotherapists and others.
• To work with and guide the residential team, ensuring the health and safeguarding of every young person underpins practice.
• To be an active member of the senior leadership team in ensuring all young people's health and safeguarding needs are met.
• To represent the health and safeguarding within the school for external inspectorate visitors such as OFSTED, LA's, etc.
• Sound knowledge of current Ofsted care regulations for children's homes and all associated legislation you must have a minimum of 2 years Oftsed experience
• Dynamic & Enthusiastic
• Ability to lead, motivate and develop staff
• NVQ Level 5 or Equivalent
If you are interested in applying for this fantastic opportunity, or for more information, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with Nadia at Amber Mace on 01904 571 187 or alternatively email an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org