Medical Social Worker, p/time Limerick
- Part time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 6 May 2020
- 3 Nov 2020
Medical Social Worker, part time Limerick
Social Worker required for acute hospital service, Limerick
The Social Worker will be responsible for providing a medical social work services for patients within an acute hospital setting and will be dedicated to a specialist Cystic Fibrosis service.
This will include front line assessment, crisis intervention, counselling, family work, discharge planning with other team members, and helping patients and families access health, social and welfare entitlements in the community as well as covering duty team rota.
You will work closely with other team members in responding to the social and emotional impact of illness and hospitalisation on patients and their families.
We are interested in speaking with social workers with experience in the following areas:
- Patient & family support
- Psychological assessment
- Discharge planning
- Linking in with external agencies
- Knowledge of working with the Nursing Home Support / Fair Deal Scheme would be advantageous
- A recognised qualification as a Social Worker and registration with CORU
- Ideally at least 1 year post graduate experience
- Previous experience in a medical setting and any relevant placement experience will be considered
- Permission to work in Ireland
- Professional approach to work
- Flexibility in work practice