Social Worker - Hospice / Palliative Care (22.5 hrs P/t)
London, Greater London, England
- £ 41000 - 42000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 14 Feb 2020
- 20 Mar 2020
We are seeking a capable and experienced Social Worker to join our client's Hospice/Palliative Care Unit based in Central London ( Travelcard Zone 1 ). This role is within easy reach of TfL and National Rail services
This is a part-time role of 22.5 hours per week based on the above FTE salary (pro-rata £24,600-£25,200) although we are open to hearing from applicants seeking to negotiate a full-time hours opportunity.
The Hospice comprises a 19 bedded Inpatient Unit, Clinical Day Services, a multi-disciplinary Community Team and Lymphoedema Services maintaining highest standards of palliative care.
Services are provided for people with cancer, HIV and other life threatening illnesses and for their significant others.
Patient are admitted for assessment, symptom control, terminal care, rehabilitation, respite care and medical interventions from a wide catchment area of five Clinical Commissioning Groups of Central London, West London, Brent, Camden, and Islington.
You will liaise with the multi-disciplinary team in order to assess and agree support for the patient, carers and families and help plan for the safe discharge of patients to appropriate community settings, liaising with community agencies where needed to activate community resources.
Person requirements :
- Qualified Social Worker with full Social Work England registration.
- Minimum of two year's post-registration experience; one year of which must be in Palliative Care/Hospice-specific setting, and one year must be UK-based.
- Ability to make judgments and decisions with confidence.
- Ability to cope in stressful situations, prioritise and manage own caseload.
- To hold independent and non time-limited permission to undertake employment in the UK (not requiring certificate of sponsorship)
The additional benefits of working for this organisation include:
- Private medical cover, including dental
- A choice of pension schemes, including continuation of NHS pension if applicable
- A relocation package for applicants moving from outside London
- Gym membership, for you and your partner
- Critical illness and Life assurance cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee 'service excellence' recognition rewards
- Discounts at local, national and online shops
- Interest-free season ticket loans & 'cycle to work' 'scheme; helping you commute and keep fit for less
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Oncology & Palliative Care nursing staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy our detailed understanding of the complexity of Palliative Care nurse roles places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
We are also able to provide reasonably priced professional local staff accommodation for applicants who may be considering relocation for any of our positions.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
This job was posted to Social worker in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 30 - 36 Per hourFull timeContractLondon, Greater London, England
NonStop are currently working with an improving Local Authority near Sutton, who are offering flexible working hours for experience...
£ 25000 - 50000 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
If you haven't seen the Social Worker role that's right for you here, our jobsite is updated daily with a variety of new Nursing, T...