Social Care Workers- West
Sligo, County Sligo, Republic of Ireland
- € 27000 - 29000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 14 Feb 2020
- 11 Aug 2020
We are currently seeking Social Care workers with a passion to support young people in mainstream residential care and after-care services in the west of Ireland. This role is to support children and young people to develop and improve their relationships with others, their social and life skills, academic attainment and participation in recreational and leisure pursuits through contributing to the provision of stable, secure and safe surroundings, planned activities and individual interventions.
If you are energetic, enthusiastic and genuinely looking to make a difference in young peoples lives, we have an opportunity for you to join one of the best-known organisations in the west, working with a brilliant team where you will receive excellent support, with training and progression on offer.
- Provide a high level of support to young people in residential and aftercare services
- To assist in the implementation of placement plans and supporting young people to work towards agreed goals. This may include assisting young people to return to their families or enable them to move on to alternative cares or independence at the appropriate stage in their lives.
- Support children and young people to make progress in relation to their overall wellbeing, personal development and relationships with others.
- Be alert to any signs of distress and abuse, and to ensure that children and young people are monitored and protected, reporting any concerns to the Registered Manager or the Senior on Duty
- Being aware of the young peoples leisure and recreational needs and supporting their active participation in these. Join other members of the staff group accompanying the young people on their annual holiday as determined and selected by the manager
- Liaise with all significant bodies within the young persons life
- Ensure all records within the unit are updated regularly
- Minimum level 7 in Social Care or Applied Social Studies in Social Care
- Minimum 1-year experience working with children
- Ideally some experience working in a residential setting
- Full, clean drivers license
For further information, please forward your CV to Meigheann.Lyons@cplhealthcare.com or call our Meigheann for more information on 01 4825 446.