Accommodation Officer - Housing Service
Maidenhead, Berkshire, England
- £ 14 - 18 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Studying / Unqualified
- 6 Feb 2020
- 5 Mar 2020
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Accomodation Officer to work with Windsor and Maidenhead Council. This role is initially for 3 months and will be paying between £14.00 - £18.00 per hour via an umbrella company.
To deliver an efficient temporary accommodation service, ensuring that properties used are to an appropriate standard whilst providing value for money.
* The procurement of accommodation, both temporary and Assured Short-hold Tenancies for the effective discharge of main homelessness duty
* Inspections of new TA properties and cyclical inspection of on-going properties already in use
* Setting up accommodation charges accounts for all residents in TA and ensuring accommodation charges are correctly calculated and applied
* Accurate recording of accommodation charges and chasing of arrears
* Maintenance and updating of all TA placements and cessations
Under the guidance of the Deputy Head of Housing, responsible for the day-to-day management and effective performance of Temporary Accommodation Service to ensure that the demand required for affordable accommodation is met and best utilised to reduce costs to the temporary accommodation budget.
* To ensure the timely inspection of temporary accommodation properties, both new and on a cyclical basis to confirm suitability and condition
* To arrange and book placements into temporary accommodation for those referred by the housing options team.
* Under the supervision of the Deputy Head of Housing ensure the Authority's statutory duties for the provision of interim / temporary accommodation under housing and homelessness legislation and any other relevant law are correctly administered
* To work effectively with external agencies who provide accommodation to the council and internal services such as Housing Benefit, Council Tax and Environmental Health.
* Qualifications: N/A.
* Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
* Compliance: Current DBS check.
* Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
* Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you're not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little 'thank you' from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching 'Seven Social Care' on Google, or call 0333 200 5424 .
This job was posted to Social worker, Support worker in Maidenhead, Berkshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 49464 - 52482 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Local authority in North-East London looking for driven Team Manager Reference: 119682 Type: Permanent Salary (£): Up to £52,482 de...