LLDD Support Worker
Liverpool, Merseyside, England
- £ 0 - 0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 15 Jan 2020
- 12 Feb 2020
LOCATION: Warrington and Birkenhead
SALARY & BENEFITS: Negotiable
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week, 5 days per week – Term Time Only
THE COMPANY: Our client is a registered charity and voluntary sector training provider and a 'not for profit' organisation that has supported the training of young people and adults They are seeking a LLDD Support Worker to work within a team on an innovative programme supporting young people with special needs. The role includes supporting educational, personal & social development needs, providing pastoral support, mentoring, and motivating the LLDD learners to address barriers to education and employment. This role will be based at their vocational college in Warrington and Birkenhead.
THE ROLE: LLDD (Learner with Learning Difficulties or Disabilities) Support Worker, Warrington and Birkenhead:
This post is working within a team on an innovative programme supporting young people with special needs. The role includes supporting educational, personal & social development needs, providing pastoral support, mentoring, and motivating the LLDD learners to address barriers to education and employment.
Key Responsibilities to include:- LLDD Support Worker, Warrington and Birkenhead:
• Support the educational, personal and social development of LLDD learners
• Provide pastoral support, mentor, motivate and support LLDD learners to address barriers to education and employment;
• Support the curriculum to meet the needs of the learner to promote active learning opportunities, encouraging active participation by learners, ensuring appropriate methods and resources are used within teaching sessions
• Use interactive resources and innovation to stimulate, motivate and challenge individuals to meet their agreed targets
• Support the learner to develop skills and abilities to promote independent living
• Attend and participate in team and curriculum meetings;
• Provide support and take appropriate action to ensure learner retention and achievement;
• Actively promote the organisation’s equality and diversity policy (single equality scheme) and observe the standard conduct which prevents discrimination taking place
• Ensure full compliance with the organisation’s safeguarding of learners policy, practices and procedures. To include compliance with an enhanced DBS registration and legal requirements under the DBS legislation
• Ensure full compliance with the preventing radicalisation & extremism policy and procedures ensuring a safe environment for learners
• In conjunction with Senior Managers identify and implement systems to ensure continuous quality improvements as defined by the Ofsted Inspectorate as good to outstanding provision;
• Be responsible for own self-development on a continuous basis, including undertaking and participating in staff development and training as appropriate;
• Comply with and follow Morthyng’s policies and procedures in force and with terms and conditions of employment within the signed contract of employment;
• Undertake other such duties as Morthyng Limited management shall deem appropriate for the level of responsibility involved.
Key experience essential for the LLDD Support Worker based in Warrington and Birkenhead
• Ideally will have experience in a teaching, learning development or mentoring role which involved supporting educational, personal or social development needs.
• Experience of support learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities highly desirable
• Computer literate
• Enthusiasm, creativity and drive to promote learning opportunities
• Takes responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
• Able to work as part of a team
• Flexibility, adaptability and a willingness to embrace change
• High level of written and oral communication skills
• Driving licence and access to vehicle (not essential but desirable)
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
Job reference: GJ2290
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankSwindon, Wiltshire, England
THIS POST IS AVAILABLE TO ALL APPLICANTS WHO CAN DEMONSTRATE RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION. Come and join our supportive profe...
£ 34000 - 34000 Per yearFull time...PermanentTaunton, Somerset, England
WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN RELOCATING TO BEAUTIFUL CORNWALL ? PERFECT SETTING -IDEAL MOVE ? WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CHILDRENS HOME MAN...