Care Assistant & Senior Care Assistant
Grantham, Lincolnshire, England
- £ 15.10 - 15.10 Per hour
- Part time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified
- 14 Jan 2020
- 11 Feb 2020
Our local branch is located in the city of Nottingham, we are based at 2 King Street which is just a short walk from Nottingham train station.
Do you want to change someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants & Senior Care Assistants to care for our service users living Bleasby, Grantham, Newark-On-Trent, Farndon, Collingham, Bottesford and the surrounding areas.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
The Care Assistant role
As a Care Assistant, tasks will vary but will primarily include personal care, meal preparation, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will assist with the same daily activities as a Care Assistant but will be expected to have a number of additional responsibilities. You will additionally be able to confidently lead a team of carers.
- Flexible full & part-time hours to fit around your schedule & no zero-hour contracts. Just mark your availability in our handy app, HealthForceGo, and we'll do the rest
- Choose when you get paid - instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of each shift
- Benefit from access to a Virtual GP service for consultations, advice and prescriptions*
- Mental health support* including phone and face-to-face consultations
- Interview from the comfort of your own home
- Be the best at your job - expand your clinical knowledge with frequent training opportunities
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
Benefits will include
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay for HCA shifts
- Salary of up to £15.10/hr including holiday pay for SCA shifts
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexi Pay
- Perks at Work discount scheme
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
What is Flexi Pay?
Flexi Pay, enabling you to receive an advance of up to 50% of the value of worked shifts the same day
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Submit your application now and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in contact shortly
What are you waiting for? Submit your application today!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call Apply. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.