Care Assistant - Learning Disabilities
Holsworthy, Devon, England
- £ 15.49 - 15.49 Per hour
- Part time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified
- 14 Jan 2020
- 11 Feb 2020
Newcross Healthcare are currently seeking seasoned Care Assistants to deliver expert care for a male living with learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviours in his own home in Holsworthy.
About the role...
You will be delivering personalised care in accordance with the service users unique care plan, with a mindful approach to protecting his dignity and promoting independence. You will perform tasks to assist with personal care, clinical requirements, assistance in social activities and any other needs that will promote high standard of daily living.
It is highly desirable that you have prior experience of caring for service users with learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviours.
What's in it for you
- A salary of up to £15.49/hr (including holiday pay)
- Mileage compensation to cover travel
- Free criminal record check DBS/PVG and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support from a dedicated team
- Employee perks scheme, offering 30,000 discounts from leading brands
- Free specialised training programs
What Newcross Healthcare will offer you
- Avoid NHS wait times. Our healthcare & mental health support package includes a Virtual GP for convenient consultations, advice and prescriptions - all using your mobile device*
- Be the boss of when you get paid - instantly withdraw up to 50% of your pay
- Flexible full and part-time hours to fit around your schedule and no zero-hour contracts. Just mark your availability in our handy app, HealthForceGo, and we'll do the rest
- Interview from the comfort of your own home
- Exclusive training and professional development opportunities
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Minimum of 3 months previous care experience
- Certification in practical Moving & Handling course, completed in the last 12 months
- The desire to work to enrich the lives of the sick or vulnerable
- Access to a smart device with internet to manage rotas via the Health Force Go app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
We are looking for individuals with a clean driving licence or working towards it, for this particular role.
How to continue
Submit your application and member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
Join our friendly and supportive community. Apply today!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call Apply. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.