Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Andover, Hampshire, England
- £ 15.80 - 15.80 Per hour
- Part time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified
- 13 Jan 2020
- 10 Feb 2020
Our Andover team is based at Basepoint Business Centre, a short distance from the city centre and Andover train station.
Do you have a passion for caring?
Then we want you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Support Workers to care for our service users with learning disabilities living in Andover and the surrounding areas.
- Caring for service users living with challenging behaviour, physical and learning disabilities
- Assisting with personal care, clinical requirements, meal preparation, social integration activities
- Ensuring to uphold the Newcross values of trust, empathy, and expertise.
There are additional opportunities for applicants to care for service users within supported living environments.
Work with Newcross!
- Our healthcare & mental health support package includes a Virtual GP for convenient consultations, advice and prescriptions - all using your mobile device*
- Be the boss of when you get paid - instantly withdraw up to 50% of your pay
- Flexible full and part-time hours to fit around your schedule and no zero-hour contracts. Just mark your availability in our handy app, HealthForceGo, and we'll do the rest
- Interview from the comfort of your own home
- Exclusive training and professional development opportunities
Same day pay!
Healthcare staff will have the chance to access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day! Access 50% of your wages as and when you please with our same day pay app feature, Flexi Pay and design your life by choosing when you work with our app HealthForceGo. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £15.80/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What you'll need...
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Once you have submitted your application a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.
Join our fantastic healthcare team!
If you cannot apply online, please call Apply. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.