Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
- £ 15.80 - 15.80 Per hour
- Part time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified
- 13 Jan 2020
- 10 Feb 2020
Our Andover team is based at Basepoint Business Centre, a short distance from the city centre and Andover train station.
Do you want to make a difference in someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care for our service users with learning disabilities living in Basingstoke and the surrounding areas.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £15.80/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- Benefit from access to a Virtual GP service for consultations, advice and prescriptions*
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
- Care for service users living with challenging behaviours, learning and physical disabilities.
- Provide support with personal care, daily living activities, clinical requirements, and social integration activities
- Uphold each service users choice, dignity, and independence
Furthermore, you will also be responsible for caring for service users within supported living environments.
Flexi Pay app feature!
We've also launched 'Flexi Pay', a 'same day pay' service available via our innovative app HealthForceGo® (Including weekends and bank holidays)
Why join us?
- Flexible hours with a variety of shifts to pick from
- 30,000 different discounts in various high street retailers nationwide with Perks at Work
- Specialised training programs accessed for free through credits earned as you work
- Interview via video call, talk to us from the comfort of your own home
What will I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in contact!
If you have any difficulties whilst applying online, please call Apply. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.