Portsmouth, Hampshire, England
- £ 14.12 - 14.12 Per hour
- Part time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified
- 13 Jan 2020
- 10 Feb 2020
Join our branch today! We are located at 62-63 South Street, close to Chichester Cathedral
Do you want to develop your clinical knowledge and skills?
Newcross Healthcare are currently hiring experienced and dedicated Care Assistants to help us deliver outstanding levels of care and support to our service users living in Portsmouth, Waterlooville, Hayling Island, Gosport and the local surroundings.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
What makes us different?
- Salary of up to £14.12/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay will allow you to withdraw same day pay for up to 50% of shift's total pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Mental health support* including phone and face-to-face consultations
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
Your next exciting role
Our community of Care Assistants ensure our service users receive the highest standard of care and support at all times. This role involves working in a team to assist with personal care, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
Same day pay!
Would you like to be in control of when you get paid? With the new Flexi Pay feature of our app you're able to digitally sign your timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets and manage your rotas on our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Why should you apply today?
- Gain valuable insight and skills through our comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work.
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
- Benefit from access to a Virtual GP service for consultations, advice and prescriptions*
What happens now?
Click apply and once you have submitted your application a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
If you are unable to apply online, please call us on Applyand our team will assist you.
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.