Support Worker - Male
Frome, Somerset, England
- £ 12.53 - 12.53 Per hour
- Part time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified
- 13 Jan 2020
- 10 Feb 2020
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Male Support Workers to care for a young man with complex care needs living in his own home in Frome on Saturdays.
You will have previous experience of caring for service users with complex care needs such as epilepsy, challenging behaviours and cerebral palsy for this role.
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that the needs and requirements of our service users are met at all times. Your assistance will be required with personal care activities, social activities, clinical requirements and any additional activities that will encourage our service users to live as independently as they wish.
What Newcross Healthcare will offer you
- Avoid NHS wait times. Our healthcare & mental health support package includes a Virtual GP for convenient consultations, advice and prescriptions - all using your mobile device*
- Be the boss of when you get paid - instantly withdraw up to 50% of your pay
- Flexible full and part-time hours to fit around your schedule and no zero-hour contracts. Just mark your availability in our handy app, HealthForceGo, and we'll do the rest
- Interview from the comfort of your own home
- Exclusive training and professional development opportunities
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
Your job benefit package
- Competitive salary of up to £12.53/hr, including holiday pay
- Mileage compensation to cover travel between clients
- Free criminal record check DBS/PVG and uniform
- Round-the-clock 24-hour clinical support from a dedicated team
- Employee perks scheme offers 30,000 discounts from leading brands
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Located in the heart of Bristol city centre, your local branch is in Colston Tower on Colston Street.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Minimum of 3 months previous care experience
- Certification in practical Moving & Handling course, completed in the last 12 months
- The desire to work to enrich the lives of the sick or vulnerable
- Access to a smart device with internet to manage rotas via the Health Force Go app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
How to proceed
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Apply today!
If you have any difficulties whilst applying online, please call Apply. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.