Care Assistant: Weekends
Bath, Somerset, England
- £ 13.63 - 13.63 Per hour
- Part time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified
- 13 Jan 2020
- 10 Feb 2020
Newcross Healthcare is seeking Care Assistants to care for our service users during the weekends in Bath and the surrounding towns.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
The caring position
In this role, you'll assist elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living. You'll provide support and companionship to clients and help handle day-to-day self-care.
You will also communicate with families of clients to apprise them of the client's condition and progress.
What is Flexi Pay?
Would you like to be in control of when you get paid? With the new Flexi Pay feature of our app you're able to digitally sign your timesheets and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day (includes weekends and bank holidays).
Why work with Newcross?
- Flexible hours with a variety of different shifts to choose from
- Access to the exclusive employee discount scheme, Perks at Work, with access to up to 30,000 discounts within high street retailers
- Free dedicated training programs earned through credits as you work such as Makaton, BSL, First Aid, End of Life care and many more.
We now offer video interviewing to make it easier for our applicants - Rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
Perks will include
- Salary of up to £13.63/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexi Pay - Up to 50% of the value of your shift
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Benefit from access to a Virtual GP service for consultations, advice and prescriptions*
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
Come say hi!
Our Bath team is located in the gorgeous countryside of southwest England and famous for its natural hot springs and author Jane Austen, the city of Bath's Newcross branch provides qualified nurses and care workers to the wider Somerset region.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
What are my next steps?
Once you have submitted your application a member of our lovely recruitment team will contact you.
Start your application today!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call Apply. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.