Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Yeovil, Somerset, England
- £ 15.23 - 15.23 Per hour
- Part time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified
- 13 Jan 2020
- 10 Feb 2020
Our friendly branch are located at Telstar House, Mead Avenue in Yeovil.
Are you looking for a way to change someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Support Workers to care for our service users living with Learning Disabilities and/or challenging behaviours in Yeovil, Sherborne, Castle Cary and Wincanton and the surrounding areas.
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Flexible pay with Flexi Pay
Working with Newcross gives you access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift through our Flexi Pay app feature. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will you be doing?
As a Newcross Support Worker, expect job satisfaction that goes beyond other care agencies. Our nursing and care assistant jobs come with peace-of-mind as our staff are employed on a permanent basis and with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
It is essential that you are calm and approachable as you will work with service users living with learning disabilities and/or challenging behaviour.
Why work with us?
- Flexible hours with various shifts to suit your availability
- Up to 30,000 discounts available in high street retailers nationwide
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work and with different topics to choose from
- Salary of up to £15.23 per hour including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay - same day pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance of lead nurses
- Benefit from access to a Virtual GP service for consultations, advice and prescriptions*
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book a Newcross course)
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Apply now to find out more!
If you have any difficulties whilst applying online, please call Apply. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.