Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Frome, Somerset, England
- £ 15.29 - 15.29 Per hour
- Part time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified
- 13 Jan 2020
- 10 Feb 2020
You will be part of our Bath branch which is located in Southwest England and famous for its natural hot springs and author Jane Austen. Bath's Newcross branch provides qualified nurses and care workers to the wider Somerset region.
Do you want to expand your knowledge in a rewarding healthcare environment?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Support Workers to care for our service users with learning disabilities living in Frome, Warminster and the surrounding areas.
- Salary of up to £15.29/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Benefit from access to a Virtual GP service for consultations, advice and prescriptions*
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
What will I be doing?
As a Support Worker, you will assist with person-centred day to day tasks including washing, feeding, toileting, and mobility. You Will provide individualised care to our service users in line with their personal care plans and that will enable them to live a dignified and independent life.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
Same day pay
Get paid through our exclusive Flexi Pay feature, which allows you to access up to 50% of your pay the same day as you complete a shift, even on bank holidays and weekends!
Why choose Newcross?
- Full time and part time hours with weekday, night and weekend shifts to choose from
- Our exclusive Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts available in high street retailers nationwide
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work including Makaton, First Aid, BSL and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
You will have the option to do the interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
Click apply, submit your application and a member of our team will be in touch shortly!
*Provided in collaboration with a Medicash healthcare plan. Eligible after working 180 hours or the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.If you are unable to apply online, please call us on Applyand our team will assist you.