Hook, Hampshire, England
- £ 8.76 - 9.79 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 10 Jan 2020
- 10 Feb 2020
Care Assistant (Days and Nights)
Based at Rowan Lodge, Crown Lane, Newnham, Basingstoke, RG27 9AN - a beautiful and modern family owned and managed care home with a CQC rating of “good” in all five areas.
**Knight Frank Luxury Care Guide Finalist 2020**
**Winner of the Carer Award at the National Care Awards 2019**
We are looking for a Care Assistant to join the motivated and happy team working at our Rowan Lodge care home. At Forest Care, we are proud to create positive working environments in each of our care homes by encouraging employee participation and humour in the workplace.
Starting salary £8.76 per hour.
Alternate weekend working will be required, hours required are 24, 36 or 48 per week. Our night shifts are 8pm – 8am.
As well as a competitive hourly rate, we offer the following benefits;
• 28 days Holiday (for full time workers)
• Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
• Long service awards
• Comprehensive induction training
• Ongoing training and development
• Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme
• NVQ Training
• Refer a Friend Scheme
• Paid breaks
• Free Uniform
• Perks at Work scheme giving access to 1000’s of discounts and offers
Candidates will need access to their own transport to apply for this role.
Forest Care is a family owned and managed company, currently with four care homes in Hampshire and Surrey. Our focus is to ensure we provide the highest standards of care to our residents, and their ongoing welfare, comfort and needs are central to how we run our homes. We want our homes to be a home in the truest sense, and we are committed to making our residents feel at home from the outset.
Main Duties of our Care Assistants;
• Assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and toilet.
• Assist residents with mobility problems and/or other physical disabilities.
• Promote the mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, and any other hobbies that they might have.
• Assist residents at mealtimes if required.
• Read and write reports in case notes.
• Assist with medication administration as required/directed.
• To undertake any other duties as required by line management.
Skills and Experience of our Care Assistants;
• NVQ Qualification – (Desirable but not essential as full training is provided and NVQ training is available)
• A genuine willingness to care for Senior Adults within a Care Home environment
• High level of written and spoken English
• Please note this position is subject to a DBS check
Ref: RL CA