Norwich, Norfolk, England
- £ 8 - 10 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 7 Jan 2020
- 6 Feb 2020
Are you a motivational support worker that makes a difference to people on a daily basis?
Strives for excellence in all aspects of your working life?
Then look no further a great opportunity to join a leading provider of support women with learning disabilities.
Better Healthcare are now recruiting on behalf of a care organisation for an experienced support worker near Norwich
Hours: Either one 40 hours contract or it can be a job share over two 20 hours contact
Salary: £8.21- £10.35
Role: 13 week term to perm period, Full Time
Location: Hingham (Norfolk)
Experience and Qualifications
* Relevant qualification or course attendance certificates
* Driving licence
* Experience working as support worker is desirable but not essential.
Challenging behaviour involved.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Possess excellent people skills.
* Have a passion for supporting adults/ children with learning disabilities.
* Be able to develop and maintain good working relationships
* Be able to demonstrate positive personal authority.
* Have great communication skills.
- An appropriate enhanced DBS check
- Commitment to own personal development
1. To ensure that young people have their needs met, their welfare promoted at all times and that they are safeguarded from any harm, abuse, neglect, exploitation, etc.
2. To be responsible for the development, co-ordination and support of the staff team.
3. To deliver a co-ordinated service through effective liaison with the Social Workers, all other connected professional agencies and parents/carers.
4. To set high standards in respect to their own professional conduct.
5. To ensure effective communication across the whole staff team.
6. Providing personal care, domestic tasks and housing related support in a residential setting or lone working in the community
7. To support individual to live a life as full as possible and to engage with the community.
8. Provide physical and emotional support, ensuring that respect, dignity and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
There is a genius business need for this position to be a female only.