Brighton, East Sussex, England
- £ 18000 - 22000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 2 Jan 2020
- 1 Feb 2020
Better Health Care are currently looking for an experienced Care Coordinator for our busy Brighton Branch. If you are looking for change in career and you would like to join our friendly team then please apply.
Please continue to see the job description.
working hours will be Monday - Friday 08.30am - 17.30pm
CARE COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
JOB TITLE: Care Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Registered Branch Manager
SUMMARY OF POST:
To maintain continuity of care and support to Service Users and to ensure efficiency and reliability of all visits to Service Users.
* Allocating care workers with the right skills and experience to deliver the best quality care and support to each customer.
* Organise Care Workers rota's to minimise changes to the service and travel between customer homes.
* Responding efficiently to day to day changes in the care and support packages.
* Implementation and monitoring of all relevant aspects of the Electronic Call Monitoring System.
* To ensure that all customers are correctly allocated on colleague and call times reflect the care package. To advise Field Care Supervisors of new care care packages and ensure that care plans are completed within agreed timescales.
* Establish strong working relationships with all key stakeholders, including commissioning teams, Safeguarding Teams, social workers, procurement, District Nurses, OT's and PT's.
* To bid for new care packages and work closely with the branch recruiter to ensure that new care packages have the required staff cover.
* To achieve targets, KPI's and objectives set by the Registered Manager.
* To be conversant with the Care Standards Act 2014 and legislation governing the service and other regulations concerning the provision of domiciliary care.
* To be familiar with the Company's obligation under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and other Health and Safety Regulations detailed in the company's Health & Safety Policies.
* Experience of supervisory management in the care provision sector.
* Experience of customer care/handling complaints/problem solving.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Very good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to manage difficult situations calmly and effectively.
* Ability to lead and motivate staff.
* Knowledge of Care Quality Standards of Care,
* Knowledge of, and commitment to, person centred approaches to care.
* Knowledge of IT systems - Microsoft office: Word, Excel, Ooutlook etc.