Healthcare Assistant (Senior & Team Leader available)
Loughborough, Leicestershire, England
- £ 9.25 - 10.50 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Studying / Unqualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 4 Dec 2019
- 26 Feb 2020
Healthcare Assistant / Carer - Mental Health and Elderly Care Centre (Senior and Team Leader post also available)
£9.25 - £10.50 per hour dependent on experience
We are working with an established healthcare provider to help them find Healthcare Assistants for a large, multi-unit Care Centre in Loughborough. The centre offers care to individuals with a range of health concerns including Acquired Brain Injury, Mental Health, Huntigtons, Dementia and more. built, 50 bed Nursing Home in Castle Donington. The company operate over 40 services (predominantly in the East Midlands) and are still growing. They have just opened a new Unit at the care centre and are now looking to hire a number of Care focused staff in Healthcare Assistant, Senior Healthcare Assistant and Team Leader positions.
The company can further support employees growth through their own dedicated training facility which can enable employees to transition between services into Mental Health, Elderly care and Learning Disabilities.
Responsibilities of the role:
• To assist patients of the centre in any area of his/her daily care needs.
• Lead the junior carers in their duties of care and instill in them the principals of best practice and dignity for residents.
• Moving and handling, dressing and assisting residents in their daily hygiene and dressing needs.
• Tend to the residents’ Hydration and Nutrition needs.
• To participate in holistic caring activities.
• Read and act on the Care Plans of each client to promote continuity of care.
• To understand the right of the individual to confidentiality.
• Observing and reporting any changes in resident’s condition
• Report to Senior staff any hazard or unsafe equipment that may be injurious to the health and safety of staff, residents and visitors
• To attend any in-service training arranged as part of staff development and mandatory training, which is a legal requirement
As a Senior Carer / Healthcare Assistant it would be desirable, but not essential, to have:
• Experience of care or support work in a Hospital or Nursing Home preferably within a Mental Health Setting.
• NVQ level 2 or 3 in Health and social care or equivalent.
• Moving and Handling training
• Hoist training