Person in Charge- New Service
Rush, County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- € 45000 - 55000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 27 Nov 2019
- 24 May 2020
My client is currently seeking a PIC for a brand new residential unit located in North Dublin, which will care for vulnerable young people with autism or intellectual disabilities. The PIC will be responsible for the day to day running of the unit, supporting both the residents and the team. This is a recently registered house, it is a brilliant opportunity to shape and develop your own role to support the service.
- To work in conjunction with Directors in developing a warm, and nurturing and safe environment for all young people in our care
- To meet all standards and regulations in the notification of significant events, standards reports and HIQA reports,
- To empower the staff team, role model and nurture and develop a therapeutic environment that is within the ethos and model of care of the service
- To liaise with Key-workers and the wider staff team in respect of young people's case files
- To attend review meetings with external professional as required
- To monitor and review the implementation of these plans on a monthly basis and provide feedback to the team
- To maintain a strong presence on the floor that encourages and promotes best practice to fellow staff members
- To manage the unit, and accept full responsibility for the running of the unit
- To empower all young people in our care to make choices that are positive in nature
- To liaise with family, school and other professionals
- To actively involve and engage the young people, advocates, family, guardians and other professionals in the decision making process of their care
- To provide supervision or mentoring to staff as required
- To fulfil all roster and on call requirements
- Social Care Level 8 (Honours) Degree.
- Recognised Management Course OR currently enrolled in one.
- 3 years post qualification experience in the area of intellectual disability
- 3 years management experience within a healthcare setting
- Excellent knowledge of the HIQA Standards and Health Act Apply Regulations
- Full, clean driving license
This job was posted to Home manager in Rush, County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Recommended Similar Jobs
€ 24000 - 28000 Per yearFull timePermanentDublin, Dublin, Ireland
Healthcare Assistant (HCA)Permanent, full time or part timeUp to €28,000 per annumRepublic of Ireland (ROI) - Co. Wicklow, Co. Kild...
Full timePermanentDublin, Dublin, Ireland
Healthcare Assistants, Nursing Home - Swords, DublinCpl Healthcare in partnership with its client are seeking to recruit Healthcare...