Laundry Assistant Bank
Bradford, West Yorkshire, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 7 Nov 2019
- 7 Dec 2019
Whatever role you take on, you’ll be working as part of a close-knit team to improve the daily lives of the people we care for. You’ll be dedicated to achieving the highest standards and to providing the ultimate in customer service. You will also be flexible, reliable and love working as part of a team.
As a Laundry Assistant you’ll launder and iron our residents’ clothing to the highest standards, putting it away tidily and ensuring wardrobes and drawers are always clean and neat.
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper to the required Company standards. Cleaning duties can be in any area of the nursing home.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Home Manager.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions of the Home Manager.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home
- Carry out other ad hoc duties as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Home Manager.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- To ensure trolley’s are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy
- Previous cleaning experience
- Ability to communicate on the telephone
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to carry out instructions accurately.
- A knowledge of health and safety
- An understanding of infection control
- Flexible and reliable attitude to working arrangements
- Committed to customer care and first class service provision
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring
- Basic education, including English and Maths
We provide nursing, residential, and respite care for older people, including those with physical disabilities, people living with dementia and we also offer palliative care.
At Mill Lodge, we aim to provide a home from home, caring for residents in a personal and sensitive manner. Residents and family members are encouraged to assist with care planning and care delivery for their loved one, and all the care team understand that quality of personalised care for each individual’s unique needs. We always aim to provide the highest possible degree of dignity and privacy for residents.
The home has a warm, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Support is given to residents first of foremost. The manager has an open door policy and there are monthly residents’ meetings for everyone to attend.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 19,000 - 21,000 Per yearFull timePermanentRotherham, South Yorkshire, England
Healthcare Assistant (HCA) – Eating Disorder Hospital Children’s Mental Health £19 - £21k per annum Rotherham Overview  ...