Children's Therapeutic Support Worker
Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, England
- £ 19500 - 19500 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 7 Nov 2019
- 7 Dec 2019
Are you passionate about supporting young people with psychological, behavioural and mental health challenges?
Are you a resilient and robust individual that is able to build trust and lasting/meaningful relationships with young people who have suffered traumatic experiences?
Are you empathetic and take time to understand why a person behaves in the way that they do?
Yes to all? Then we have the next step in your career!
We are recruiting for a new organisation that provides residential and therapeutic services to young people with a variety of complex behaviours and challenges. Individuals with similar needs are placed together in homes to ensure the appropriate experienced team and environment is in place for them. We are looking for people to join the team and ensure these young people are supported and given the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Hours: 39 hours per week (including shift patterns and waking nights)
Location: Berrow, North Somerset
Salary: £19,500 (plus additional £750 once passed probation)
You ideally will be/have:
- Resilient with strong control over your emotions
- Patience – we are looking for people who are dedicated in building up the trust of these vulnerable young people
- Have a QCF/NVQ 3 Care Qualification (Ideally child or young people)
- Previous experience with young people (either paid or voluntary)
- Full Manual Driving Licence
- Understanding of P.A.C.E training (not essential but some knowledge would be desirable)
Duties may include:
- Day-to-day typical ‘parenting’ duties such as daily household tasks with the children
- Engaging the children with an appropriate programme of activities in line with care plans
- Collaborating with the team to build the children’s self-esteem and confidence
- Support in the school environment, supporting child in lessons where necessary
If you are interested in finding out more about this position before applying then please contact Emily on Apply. As this is a position working with vulnerable young people most of the criteria will be essential in our candidates!