Shift Leader/Senior HCA
Elgin, Moray, Scotland
- £ 12.50 - 12.50 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 6 Nov 2019
- 6 Dec 2019
Band 5 Equivalent/Up to £28,600 p/a | 33 – 44 Hour Contracts Available | SVQ3 + Medication Training Essential | Great L&D Prospects
An experienced Healthcare Assistant/Senior Carer is required to join the care team of a leading care home in the Elgin area and work as Shift Leader.
The home provides elderly, dementia and disability care to older people from the local area and offers an excellent quality of life in conjunction with the highest standards of care and support.
Details of this Shift Leader/Senior HCA position and what the home is offering:
• Permanent contracts of 33, 38.5 or 44 hours per week are available
• Very competitive rates of pay of £12.50 per hour, which is equivalent to NHS Band 5 rates of pay and an annual salary of up to £28,600 for a 44-hour contract
• Flexible shift patterns on days and/or nights over a 7 day rota
• 5.6 weeks annual leave and a company pension scheme
• In-house training centres with SVQ training provided
• Free uniforms
As Shift Leader/Senior Carer, you will lead the team of HCAs and will coordinate and oversee the implementation of person-centred care plans and medication administration in addition to line managing junior colleagues and ensuring residents receive the best possible standards of care. You will ensure care documentation is accurately updated and will work closely with the home management team to ensure an efficient and effective service is maintained.
What the home is looking for in a Shift Leader/Senior HCA:
• Qualified to SVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care and have completed medication training
• Demonstrate at least 2 years’ experience working in a senior or supervisory role within a UK care home setting
• Confident and capable leading a team and have a positive, proactive approach to leadership
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Preferably you will be a driver with access to a car due to the rural location of the home
If you are interested and would like to apply now, please follow the link provided and submit an up to date copy of your CV.
For more information please call Katrusia Prodywus at SYK Recruitment now on Apply.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.
This job was posted to Care assistant, Deputy home manager in Elgin, Moray, Scotland
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 0 - 20000 Per yearFull timePermanentEdinburgh, City of Edinburgh, Scotland
Luxury Care- Edinburgh - Care Assistants Needed £20KHours: Full time (38.5 hours weekly) Location: EdinburghSalary: From £20k*Days ...