Residential Support Worker - Solihull
Solihull, West Midlands, England
- £ 10.5 - 10.5 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Studying / Unqualified
- 1 Nov 2019
- 29 Nov 2019
Seven Social Care are looking for a Temporary Support Worker to work night shifts in Solihull. This contract is initially for 6 months, working all 7 nights a week. The pay rate is £10.50 an hour paid via umbrella company.
We need these to start ideally as soon as possible for initially 6 months. The Residential Support Worker is required to assist their Line Manager and Registered Care Manager in the provision of a high quality service provided by Solihull Metropolitan Council. The service supports groups of service users who have both learning and physical disabilities by providing the required level of support, within a community setting. Need to be able to work all 7 nights a week from 9pm - 9am.
* To ensure the well being of the service users with epilepsy, staff may have to complete training in the administration of rescue medication on an as required basis in line with the individuals protocol and the Council's Policy.
* To ensure the well being of service user needs during periods of lone working reporting any issues to on call manager.
* Respond appropriately to medical emergencies and liaise with the appropriate services. Document and report to appropriate persons. This could be during the day or at night.
* Accept responsibility of meeting service users needs during periods of lone working reporting any issues to on call manager.
* Qualifications: N/A
* Experience: 2+ years working in a similar role.
* Compliance: Up to date DBS.
* Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
* Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you're not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little 'thank you' from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching 'Seven Social Care' on Google, or call Apply.
This job was posted to Community care, Learning disabilities, Social housing in Solihull, West Midlands, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 32000 - 35000 Per yearFull timePermanentIslington, London, Greater London, England
£32,000 - £35,000 p/a (NHS Band 6 Equivalent) | 35 hrs – Days | MH and LD Supported Living A charitably run supported living projec...