Amersham, Buckinghamshire, England
- £ 20 - 20 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 1 Nov 2019
- 29 Nov 2019
Seven Social Care are looking for a couple of temporary SEN Officer's to work with Buckinghamshire County Council. These positions are initially for a period of 3 months and are paying £20.00 per hour via an umbrella company.
Buckinghamshire Local Authority maintains over 3,200 Statements of Special Educational needs. There are 5.1 SEN Officer, who each cover a patch of schools within the Local Authority and have responsibility for pupils placed out of the Local Authority. The work of the SEN Officer is supported by the Business Support Team. The administration function of the SEN Work is supported by an electronic data system (Live Link).
* To co-ordinate, deliver and monitor SEND statutory services to children, young people and their families
* To comply with statutory regulations in the preparation and review of Education, Health & Care Plans (EHC Plans) in accordance with the Children & Families Act 2014
* To contribute to the delivery of the best possible outcomes and the raised attainment of pupils with SEND
* To monitor Post-16 placements in 6th Forms, and colleges to ensure that provision in the EHC plan is being met
* To take responsibility and be accountable for the Post-16 caseload across a geographical area, ensuring that any casework is undertaken in a professional manner. Ensuring regular communication with parents and timely decisions being made.
* To take the lead in co-ordination and arrangement of co-production meeting with all professionals, parents/carers and schools/settings. Scrutinising EHC Needs Assessment requests to ensure all required information and evidence is available in order to make a decision on whether or not to proceed.
* Attend meetings with schools, parents/carers and related professionals to support the EHC Needs Assessment
* Qualifications: Educated to degree standard or equivalent experience.
* Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
* Compliance: Recent DBS check.
* Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
* Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you're not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little 'thank you' from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching 'Seven Social Care' on Google, or call Apply.