Orpington, Greater London, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 29 Oct 2019
- 28 Nov 2019
Help our residents maintain active and independent lives through the creation and delivery of individualised activity plans based on their interests, abilities and life experience.
Full time, occasional weekend and evening work required.
- To build friendships with our residents that help them adjust to life in a care home
- Work with residents, their friends and family members, to build individual lifestyle histories and, using these, create ongoing plans in our electronic resident records, ensuring these are updated daily to evidence delivery
- On a monthly basis review the plan with the resident and relatives and adjust if necessary
- Create a weekly schedule of meaningful occupation for each resident, personalised to their likes, dislikes, needs and abilities, helping them to try new things and continue to take part in the hobbies and activities that make them who they are
- Create and maintain a schedule of group activities tailored to residents to run alongside one-to-one sessions, enabling residents to take part in communal activities as well as individual hobbies as per their wishes
- Update the resident’s personalised diary on a weekly basis with details of the activities they’ve undertaken, including photos, comments and feedback, that can be kept by residents as a record of what they have achieved as well as shared with their friends, family and the home team
- Build relationships with relatives, friends and advocates in order make sure you understand the person, and that the relatives understand how you are supporting the resident
- To build relationships with the local community , inviting them into the home to take part or run events and help residents maintain their hobbies
- To establish and run a ‘Friends of’ the home - a group of relatives, friends and neighbours from the community who are keen to be active participants in the life of the home
- Develop strong and continuing relationships with colleagues to enable the sharing of ideas and information, ensuring you are all working as a team to provide a safe and fulfilling experience within the home for every resident
- Enable our residents to stay in touch with friends and family by visits, phone, Skype, letters and email
- Support our residents to make trips outside of the home, encouraging relatives and friends to join in, as well as building links with local groups to encourage them into the home, facilitating the position of the home as part of the local community
- Actively seek feedback on the activity provision in the home, including running a resident forum and in house customer satisfaction programmes
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Company in order to fulfil your duties
- To attend appropriate training courses and/or programmes to enhance personal and professional knowledge and skills
- To undergo the necessary training to become a ‘Dementia Friend’
This beautiful, spacious and purpose-built care home, which opened in March 2013, has a wealth of luxury features, designed to create a lively, family atmosphere and to enable residents to get the most out of every day. Our facilities include a hair and nail salon, a luxurious retro-themed cinema – with a cinema club that the residents run themselves – plus a coffee shop, Cherries, which is a popular spot for socialising with friends and family. Lounges, dining rooms and comfortable sitting areas throughout the care home also add to the ‘five star’ feel.
Foxbridge House care home provides a wide range of care options to suit different needs. We provide residential and nursing care, as well as short respite care. This is ideal for giving family carers a well-earned break. Their older loved one also enjoys a change of scene in stunning surroundings in the 24-hour care of our dedicated team
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 9 - 9.8 Per hourFull timePermanentEsher, Surrey, England
Is everyday special to you? Could you make every day special for our Residents? If so, we wan't to hear from you!About the roleWork...