Brighton, East Sussex, England
- £ 12399 - 14399 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 10 Oct 2019
- 17 Oct 2019
Job title: Area Training Consultant (Learning and Development)
Location: Field based - Brighton
Salary range: £14,399
Part time: 24 hours a week covering three days
Closing date 24th of October
A bit about us
We're a leading health insurer and healthcare provider, with care homes, health centres, dental practices and a hospital. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
We believe in quality, affordable and accessible healthcare for all. If you share our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives, then look no further, Bupa could be the perfect match.
About job area
Being part of the friendly and supportive Bupa Care training team, you can fully support our employees through delivering a range of learning and development courses across several of our care homes in the Southampton area. Being part of the UK Support functions, they are at the backbone of our UK operations. We may not deal directly with our customers, but we play an absolutely vital role in making sure that our customer-facing teams get all the support they need to deliver the very best service.
What you'll be doing
As one of our field-based Trainers, you will be focused on delivering a range of learning and development and training courses for our staff across four of our care homes. You will be delivering group training and be coaching staff on a one to one basis. You will be building solid relationships across all stakeholders and monitoring and recording all the training.
What's a typical day?
- You will plan your training weeks and travel across to your four care homes in your area.
- You will plan, co-ordinate and deliver a range of training across groups, such as; the Induction, mandatory training, first aid and moving and handling.
- You will use a range of training methods to motivate and meet the needs of different learning styles
- Build solid relationships across all stakeholders and provide one-to-one support, coaching, and assessment of staff within the home to facilitate successful completion of Induction and Mandatory training requirements.
- Each week you will collate individual learning and development plans to identify and plan the annual mandatory training requirements of staff within your area of care homes.
- You will have monthly meetings with your Care Home Managers to assess and evaluate training needs.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the training you have delivered and make improvements to ensure needs are met.
- Ensure all training information is logged correctly on the system and kept up to date.
Who we're looking for?
- Ideally have training experience from any sector or someone who would like to embark a new career in training and learning and development.
- Good IT and MS Office skills.
- Excellent organisation, planning and communication skills.
- Holds a driving licence and has access to a vehical.
Whether you've found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn't where you've been. This is where you're going. This is what we have belief in.
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
If you'd like to learn more, please visit Apply