Community Social Care Manager - Band 8A
St Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
- £ 50000 - 58500 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
- 10 Oct 2019
- 14 Nov 2019
We are seeking a committed and experienced Community Social Care Manager to lead their team within Adult Community Services on the beautiful Island of Guernsey , in the Channel Islands.
- You will manage and provide leadership for integrated multi-professional teams and other community and extra care housing based colleagues, with direct managerial responsibility for senior team members.
- Your primary responsibility will be to enable a high-quality person-centred domiciliary care service which provides direct support to service users with a range of needs in the community using evidence based interventions within agreed care pathways.
- You will ensure service user/carer involvement in the development of standards and services.
- You will manage the team's resources, budget and staff in compliance with policies, procedures & guidelines and statutory responsibilities.
- You will be an integral member of the Community Health & Wellbeing senior leadership team, assisting in the strategic planning, development and delivery of services across the service area and maintaining compliance with, and develop, policies, procedures and guidelines.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 8a salary is up to £58,248 plus an annual bonus of £1,120
Person requirements :
Qualified Nurse or Allied Health Professional with current full NMC or HCPC registration.
Current or recent senior Adult Social Care Community sector experience to Band 7 level or equivalent, including management responsibilities, leadership and motivation and Financial responsibilities.
Ability to make judgments and decisions with confidence.
Be in possession of a clean and current car driving licence; own vehicle required, (mileage expensed at full rate)
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- A £1,120 annual bonus
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000*
- On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit Apply
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
This job was posted to Community care, Learning disabilities, Mental health in St Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 21000 - 24500 Per yearFull timePermanentAlderney, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Band 3 Support Worker to join the Adult Disabilities Services team on the beautiful Isla...
£ 24000 - 28300 Per yearFull timePermanentSt Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Senior Support Worker to join the Adult Disabilities Services team on the beautiful Isla...
£ 27284 - 31580 Per yearFull timePermanentSt Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
CHILDREN AND FAMILY COMMUNITY SERVICES RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKERCpl Healthcare in partnership with its client, States of Guernsey,...