Erdington, Birmingham, West Midlands, England
- £ 28000 - 32000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Manager, Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
- 3 Oct 2019
- 3 Nov 2019
Highbridge Resourcing are recruiting a Registered Manager for a 2 bed Children’s Home based within Erdington, North Birmingham.
Our client is a long established, private organisation who support children and young people with complex needs and behaviours in a therapeutic environment. The company has developed a reputation for its transparent practice and brings with it a wealth of knowledge and understanding of the care and management of the young people in its care.
This particular home has been rated Good by Ofsted and now has a need for a new Registered Manager to continue the good practice and work well with the staff team to maintain the quality of care and the standards set.
Main responsibilities as a Registered Manager –
• Full management and responsibility of the home ensuring it runs efficiently and effectively in line with organisational policies, procedures and values.
• Ensure continual quality improvement to achieve and maintain an Ofsted rating of Good
• To be responsible for the implementation of the relevant plan for each child or young person
• Ensuring the service works in partnership with other health and social care agencies.
• Setting and providing the highest standards of care and support throughout the service, from you and your team.
• Supervising and managing a staff team of 9
• To participate in the on-call system
• Managing budgets/finances
The ideal candidate will have:
• Worked (within the last 5 years) for at least 2 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children and young people
• Worked for at least one year in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role
• Been awarded the Registered Manager Award
• Level 5 QCF in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (or equivalent) or willing to complete
• In depth understanding of regulatory requirements for services registered under Ofsted.
• Children’s Safeguarding knowledge and good practice
• Experience of management and coordinating a staff team and leading from the front
• Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
• Excellent time management skills
• Full manual driving license
Please note that if you are not a Registered Manager, but an experienced Deputy Manager that is ready to step up, you will also be considered for the role.
This role offers a salary between £28,000 to £32,000 depending on experience.
Working hours will be 38.5 per week Monday to Friday although flexibility will be required due to the nature of the job role.