Riddings, Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
- £ 8.21 - 8.50 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 20 Sep 2019
- 20 Oct 2019
Oakleaf are currently looking for a number of support workers to work at our 28 bed service in Riddings which supports people with mental health and, learning disabilities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team. Ideally you will have experience of working as a support worker within a similar setting. We are looking for a candidate that share our passion for delivering quality care.
Main function of the job:-
To provide care in accordance with best practices according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements and CQC regulations under the direction of the Registered Manager.
Main duties of the role:-
1. Ensure that service user rights are protected.
2. Maintain the hygiene, dignity, health and safety of service users at all times.
3. Assist service users individually as required to support them with daily routines and activities.
4. Observing service users ensuring a safe environment, protecting them from harm.
5. Encourage a model of self-care and service user rehabilitation.
6. Systematically solve day-to-day basic problematic issues which arise.
7. Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams so as to maximise opportunities for service user therapeutic care.
8. Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the care standards and care service provision.
9. If applicable, assist in the administration of medication.
10. Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the standards required by legislation related to the registration of the service.
11. Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
12. Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times
13. Continual Personal Development to develop oneself and the role.
14. In addition to these tasks, employees may at times be asked to carry out other reasonable duties as required by the service.
Calm natured and patient
• Good communication skills
• Flexible working methods
• Knowledge and experience of working with vulnerable adults/children
Must have experience of working within Learning Disability or Autism services
• Ideally level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care or ability to work towards