Crewe, Cheshire, England
- £ 18 - 20 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 10 Sep 2019
- 24 Sep 2019
To provide a specialist Occupational Therapy assessment and Adult Social Care service provision for Brent adult residents with substantial physical disabilities in accordance with relevant legislation and department eligibility criteria. In conjunction with the service user formulate a plan to enhance their independence through provision of equipment or through home adaptations. The needs of the carer are also to be carefully considered, assessed and where eligible addressed.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To directly manage in accordance with department procedures a caseload of service users as allocated by the Deputy Team Manager and or Team Manager.
- To visit people with substantial disabilities in their own homes and carry out needs led assessments and reviews of their functional needs and environmental difficulties, taking into account the needs of carers and other family members
- To assess for and make written recommendations to the housing department to support service users' applications for Disabled Facilities Grants, housing adaptations and re-housing needs.
- To make written recommendations to Housing Associations for adaptations.
- To work with surveyors from housing departments, housing associations and external Architects to design major adaptations and monitor the adaptation installation to ensure that the works meet service users needs.
- To produce reports on the functional needs of service users where appropriate e.g. for re-housing, employment.
- To respond to and where possible to resolve complaints within the Borough's complaint procedure.
- To work with other statutory agencies and voluntary and private sector to facilitate an effective service delivery.
- To access appropriate assistance where language difficulties present problems in care management.
- To advise Team Manager about any trends or emergency issues that may impact upon the delivery of service.
- To directly manage in accordance with department procedures a caseload of service users a proportion of which as determined with the Deputy Team Manager and or Team Manager, to be complex cases.
- To assist with in-house and external training for staff involved in the provision of care for disabled people.
- To participate in the training and supervision of Care Assessors and OT students.
- To undertake the role of Clinical Supervisor and management Care Assessors, ensuring regular supervision, appraisal and learning and development.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Degree /Diploma from the College of Occupational Therapist or equivalent and OT registered with the Health Care Professionals Council
- Evidence of recent and relevant Continuing Professional Development
- Evidence of knowledge and understanding of relevant Social Care legislative and policy framework including tests to determine eligibility for services
- Knowledge of the needs of elderly people, people with physical disabilities
- Experience of working with older people and adults with physical disabilities; older people with dementia and mental health needs; adults with learning disabilities
- Experience of undertaking comprehensive OT assessments and in particular those in relation to moving and handling and or major adaptations
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
Skills and Abilities:
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work positively as a member of the team and in partnership with colleagues from within other Council departments and external agencies
- Demonstrate ability to effectively utilise and respond to supervision and training opportunities
- Demonstrate ability to draw up OT Reports, Adaptation Specifications, Care packages and Care Plans within a Budgetary Framework
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £18.00 to £20.00 /hour
- Occupational Therapy: 1 year (Preferred)