Redruth, Cornwall, England
- £ 8.21 - 10.72 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 10 Sep 2019
- 10 Dec 2019
We are one of the UKs most respected companies, we specialise in supporting people to live a full and meaningful life that are affected by autism. We are looking for passionate individualsto join our fantastic service and team, to support our residents in our homes.
We are home to incredible people, our role is to help develop them emotionally, socially and educate them. We are enthusiastic about making a positive impacton the people that stay with us, some of them may have trouble with their emotions, communicating or dealing with situations that a lot of people find simple.
You will be responsible for helping look after the people in our care, we work with each person to provide them with a individual and specific goals, whether that be education, care plans or helping them with skills to ultimately achieve independence. A huge part of what you'll do is be a friend to them, someone that pays attention and genuinely cares, you'll get involved with activities like taking them out to the shops, maybe it's swimming lessons or just getting them out and about having fun.
Do you have a hobby you're particularly passionate about?
We'd love for you to share it with our residents. It's all about creating the most natural and stimulating life possible for the people in our care, that's why there's no uniform, we want you to take the people in care out and do fun stuff - isn't that what we all want in life!?
Of course you'll be a strong team player and be determined to set a good example - the best leaders always do!
As much as you'll help us look after our residents, we'll look after you. We have a generous benefitspackage available to all of our staff and we're actively looking to develop people. If you want to achieve NVQ qualifications we'll be more than happy to help you, we're always looking to promote internally as well!
What we need from you:
- Drive to help improve the lives of people
- Desire to develop and learn new skills
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to be a great role model!
- Driver (preferable but not essential)
- Ability to adapt to different scenarios
Shifts, salary, benefits:
- Part-time & Full time available
- Shifts - between 08:00 - 22:00 - Longest shift is 10 hours, which you'll only do a maximum of 1 a week - we don't want people burning out!
- Occasional weekend shifts - there are also wakings nights available
- Shifts: Flexible
- Strong Progression Opportunities
- Generous pension
- NVQ training
- Salary £8.21 - £11p.h
- 22 days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- In depth induction and certifications within the first 2 weeks of starting