Children's Home Manager
Croydon, London, Greater London, England
- £ 36000 - 42000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- 9 Oct 2019
- 3 Nov 2019
Job Description – Home Manager (Registered Care Manager) Croydon
Home Manager (Registered Care Manager)
Place of Work:
As directed by the Directors
Directors of the Company
Purpose of the Role:
To maintain the smooth running of the home by promoting a harmonious culture by co-ordinating, supervising, directing and facilitating the team in delivering high standards of care. Protection and support to the children and young people by facilitating their physical, psychological, emotional and social development.
40 hours a week, Monday to Friday inclusive of On-Call Duties.
Holiday entitlement 34 days including bank holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To ensure that the children and young person’s primary and developmental needs are priority by working to develop a strong caring ethos. Creating a safe environment in which the children and young people feel emotionally & physically secure, and thus facilitates the guidance & the development of their self-esteem and full potential.
work of a Home Manager will, at times, be challenging and will include, but is not limited to duties such as:
* Set in place procedures and processes within current government regulations and company policies/procedures, which ensure that all unit staff have a good knowledge and understanding of legal and registration requirements and are working to ensure that all National Care Standards are met to an exceptional level.
* Manage the physical resources of the home in line with legal, Inspection & registration guidelines / requirements and company policies.
* Manage and be responsible for the financial resources of the home, incorporating business management, budgeting and target setting. Directing and delegating as appropriate.
* Monitor & review effective procedures to manage all Health & Safety requirements, in line with legal requirements.
* Establish, monitor and evaluate clear child protection procedures, in line with the Protection of Children Act and Company policies.
* Instruct & guide staff, through clearly laid out procedures to exercise responsible control over the children in order to ensure their health & safety and to facilitate the children’s sense of responsibility and morals.
* Liaise with social workers, schools, therapists and other professionals as required, in order to represent the child’s needs or wishes if they are unable to do so themselves or to advise and facilitate them in raising wishes or complaints with the appropriate people, either personally or through delegated members of your staff team.
* Attend court and give evidence when appropriate, and if needed support and direct staff in preparing a child for interviews or court appearances.
* Chair/facilitate meetings as needed & required, directing the compilation of any necessary reports for court, reviews or planning meetings etc, in liaison with your staff team and to organise/ direct / facilitate the carrying out of those plans within the care environment.
* Contribute to and advise directors in Policy development, promoting a positive approach to change and development through the compilation, monitoring and evaluation of the Company’s annual business / development plan.
* Monitor and evaluate high standards in recruitment, selection and retention procedures, in liaison with Operations Director and in line with government legislation.
* Monitor and review positive Equal opportunity and diversity practices.
* Monitor and evaluate high standards in meeting Human Resources requirements, in liaison with Operations Director.
* Establish, monitor & review procedures which include service users in provision planning and service development.
* Monitor and evaluate effective supervision and appraisal systems which identify and acknowledges both poor performance & good practice, while at the same time also identifies and sets in place procedures to meet the developmental needs of all staff.
* Monitor disciplinary and complaints procedures, in line with legal and Company policies.
* Monitor and review procedures for the compilation of all staff rosters incorporating sickness and leave.
* Facilitate good practice in team management and team building, incorporating appropriate meeting and training sessions in the weekly roster. * Monitor and evaluate the ongoing development of all staff through clear procedures, which enable training and development needs to be identified and met through a clear Company Training and Development Plan, and individual staff development plans/goals which are reviewed and up dated on a regular basis in line with changing needs. In liaison with Operations Director. Thus ensuring positive outcomes in order to advance the quality of service delivery.
* Monitor and review effective record keeping and information gathering procedures, in line with Legal and company requirements