Care Supervisor 25hrs/week at Leadon Bank FTC June 2020
Ledbury, County of Herefordshire, England
- £ 9.52 - 9.78 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 15 Aug 2019
- 12 Sep 2019
Our Care Supervisors deliver a high quality of care and support to our service users in the community in line with our core values of 'Wellness, Happiness, and Kindness'. We believe that these should be present in all we do, both for employees and those who use our services. Our vision is to provide the quality of care that we would want for our own loved ones.
As a Supervisor you will work together with and mentor the community care team. You will lead the provision of person-centred packages of support to a wide range of Service Users in their own homes, making effective use of resources and promoting high levels of Service User involvement, Service User independence, personal development, and choice.
Do I need previous experience…?
Experience in a care setting is essential for this role; preferably you will be QCF/NVQ Level 2 or above qualified in Health and Social Care. You will be required to travel in the community for this role therefore easy access to transport is also essential.Main responsibilities
The skills you’ll need
- Be able to provide the Support Workers with the direction, leadership, guidance and support they need to ensure residents receive person centred care in line with their individual needs.
- You will ensure residents are given choices in their personal care, and that all care delivered is documented and up to date on the care plans. You will support their well-being through observation and empathy by responding to their needs.
- A good understanding of the disabilities, health and social care needs of our service users and assist those who have mobility or continence needs, using the appropriate aids and equipment.
- A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support in-line with each of our residents support guidelines.
- Communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills.
- You will be at the very heart of our industry, so you will need to be reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference to our service.
- Confident in completing risk assessments and care reviews
- Willingness to give on-call support when required, including at weekends on a rota basis
- Staff rostering experience is also preferable
As the role requires work with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including references and a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.About the company
Why Shaw healthcare?
We are one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees who stay with Shaw healthcare. They enable a high level of continuity of care for our service users. Continuing relationships between our employees and service users and their families are fundamental to the quality of the care we provide.
We recognise this in our Employee of the Month programme, local Shining Stars and our famous Annual Star Awards. We also provide an Annual Loyalty Bonus Scheme with a bonus of an additional week’s pay, for each completed year based on your average pay over the year and our unique biannual incentive scheme paid to all staff in our services that meet our high quality standards.
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit package, which includes:
- The Annual Loyalty Bonus
- Our Service Incentive Scheme Bonus
- Full paid induction programme
- Work towards a QCF qualification and excellent development/promotion opportunities
- Our Refer a Friend bonus scheme (earn up to ?£1000)
- Paid annual leave – 28 days per year inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Child care vouchers
- Pension scheme
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee assistance program to all contracted staff including face to face counselling