Support Worker / Senior Support Worker
Chester, Cheshire, England
- £ 0 - 0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 15 Aug 2019
- 5 Sep 2019
LOCATION: Wirral, Merseyside
JOB TITLE: Support Worker / Senior Support Worker
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive negotiable salary deponent on individual skills and experience
WORKING HOURS: Full Time – Working days, nights and weekends on a rota basis
THE COMPANY: Are you an experienced Support Worker with a minimum of NVQ level 2, ideally level 3 qualification in Health & Social Care and looking for a new challenge or to develop your career?
Our client have been offering residential care packages for adults with enduring mental health problems in Wirral since 1989 and is dedicated to offering personalised and holistic care options, which are reflective of the specific needs of both the individual seeking support and their family. The now have new opportunities for experienced and dedicated Support Workers / Senior Support Workers to join their existing team.
As a Support Worker / Senior Support Worker you providing a needs led service to adults suffering or recovering from mental health associated problems by adopting a person centered care approach (PCCA), that fosters self-awareness, personal growth and allows each individual person the strongest voice with regards to decision making, risk and lifestyle choices. As a Support Worker / Senior Support Worker you will be a shift leader and will ensure total compliance of with all administration and documentation as laid out within the statutory framework, Polder Health Care Company policy and appropriate guidelines set by Care Quality Commission, as well train and mentor a group of staff.
This would be a great opportunity for an Experience Support Worker looking to become a shift leader and develop their career. For exceptional candidates there are also managerial opportunities available.
Key Responsibilities for the Support Worker / Senior Support Worker role include :-
- Provide leadership, training and provide supervision to care and auxiliary workers
- Ensure staff and team members are motivated, provisions are available for staff to carry out their duties and ensure all paper work is completed by relevant staff
- Support people with regards to decision making and lifestyle choices, enabling them to take informed life decisions, thereby promoting increased independence and also assist with personal care tasks
- Ensure all scheduled meeting are instigated by staff, minutes taken and records attached to Cool Care.
- Be responsible for security of the building and the safety of the people living in the care provision
- Develop positive relationships with family and carers
- Work in partnership with care managers and other professionals to maximise quality of life for individuals
**Please not this is not an exhaustive list of duties
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate for the Support Worker / Senior Support Worker role will need to have a minimum of an NVQ level 2 (or equivalent) but will ideally have a level 3 or higher qualification in Health & Social care and will need to have experience working in a Care setting. You will need to be an understanding, empathetic and patient person who has good communication skills and can take a flexible approach to working hours, as would be required to work a rage of days, nights and weekends but on a shared rota basis so will still have time for your social life! In addition, candidates will need to live within commutable distance to Wirral, Merseyside.
Although not essential candidates with NVQ level ¾ and experience in Mental Health would be highly desirable.
Key Experience / Characteristics preferred for the Support Worker / Senior Support Worker role :-
- Must have as a minimum a level 2 NVQ, ideally level 3 (or equivalent) in Health & Social care
- Previous experience as a Support Worker or Carer essential
- Will need to have good communication skills
- Candidnesses must be caring, patient and have a willingness to learn
- Must live within commutable distance to Wirral, Merseyside
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps
This job was posted to Care assistant, Mental health, Support worker in Chester, Cheshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 10 - 10 Per hourPart timePermanentSpeke, Liverpool, Merseyside, England
Can you fly as high as a Liver Bird?Can you make a positive difference to people living with dementia?Come and talk to us.Liverpool...