Social Worker CAMHS North Dublin
Swords, Co. Dublin
- € 21.04 - 33.45 Per week
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 15 Aug 2019
- 12 Feb 2020
Social Worker – CAMHS community based team, North Dublin and county
Social Workers required for a number of long term locum vacancies for a communtiy based CAMHS team to be based in Swords, North Dublin city & County.
The service works with young people who are struggling with their mental health, who may have become isolated or are finding it hard to cope with everyday life.
The young people present with many mental health difficulties / symptoms including anxiety, depression, psychosis and eating difficulties as well as undiagnosed conditions
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be responsible for the delivery of a social work service and providing a holistic approach to mental health assessment and treatment services for children and their families.
The role will involve working with young people between the ages of 4 and 16 who present with a variety of mental health difficulties including low mood, deliberate self-harm, suicide ideation, eating disorders, anxiety, stress and A.D.H.D assessments etc.
Duties of this position include:
- Responsible for the delivery a therapeutic social work service to children and their families
- Undertaking assessments of children and their families and identifying appropriate treatment services to meet their specific needs
- Empowering young people and their families to enhance their quality of life as well as advocating on their behalf where appropriate
- Preparing case presentations for weekly team meetings and writing clear and concise assessment reports for client’s case files.
- Bring about positive change to their lives.
Interested candidates will have the following:
- A recognised qualification as a Social Worker
- Membership of CORU
- Relevant experience in CAMHS or similar service
- A recognised qualification in Family Therapy would be desirable, but not essential
- Permission to work in Ireland
- Professional approach to work
- Flexibility in work practice
- Access to a car and full drivers licence is desirable
For further information, please contact Brian Murray on 01 482 5352 or email your c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org