Activity Champion (16 Hours/Week) at Trenewydd
Brecon, Powys, Wales
- £ 8.21 - 8.21 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Admin - Sales - Clerical
- 14 Aug 2019
- 11 Sep 2019
Shaw healthcare are recruiting for an Activity Champion to deliver a quality of activities and support to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'. You will work together with your colleagues to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the successful candidate will be working closely with residents to ensure a range of interesting and stimulating activities are planned in every week. You may also be involved in organising in-house and other events such as Christmas parties, Easter raffles and summer fares etc, which ultimately contributes towards the continuous high quality of care given to our patients.Ideal candidate
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal Activities Champion will have the following skills and values:
- Caring nature
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Flexibility and be able to adapt to the needs of Residents
As the role requires work with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Do I need previous experience…?
- We do not ask for any formal qualifications or experience of working in care before as full training will be provided, although having previous experience in a similar role would be desirable.
- You will be at the very heart of our industry, so you are expected to be reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference to our service.
What benefits will I receive?
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
- Full paid induction programme
- Paid annual leave – 28 days per year inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Child care vouchers
- Biannual incentive scheme
- Pension scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
- Work towards a QCF qualification
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to ?£1000)
- Excellent rates of pay
- Employee assistance program to all contracted staff including face to face counselling
Why Shaw healthcare?
Shaw healthcare provides a high standard of health and social care in services across England, Wales and Scotland. Our high quality care and support services places the individual at the centre of all we do and is based on our core values of wellness, happiness and kindness. We are unique as a major healthcare provider in being 86% owned by employees and 14% owned by The Shaw Foundation, a grant making charity.
This job was posted to Care assistant in Brecon, Powys, Wales
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 9.88 - 10.5 Per hourFull timePermanentBuilth Wells, Powys, Wales
Our Team Leaders deliver a high quality of care and support to our service users in line with our core values of 'Wellness, Hap...
£ 8.21 - 8.36 Per hourFull timePermanentMachynlleth, Powys, Wales
Do you enjoy helping others and making a significant difference to someone’s life? If you do, then a support worker career could be...