Senior Care Assistant (Days) - Altrincham - £9.50/Hour
Altrincham, Greater Manchester, England
- £ 0 - 9.5 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified
- 12 Aug 2019
- 9 Sep 2019
Senior Care Assistant (Days)
Altrincham - Gr. Manchester
We are currently looking for a Senior Care Assistant to join the team at a residential home in Altrincham paying £9.50 p/hour.
This small residential home provides specialist care for the elderly with a range of needs. The home provides fantastic levels of care, and has a compassionate care team who are trained to support and enhance each resident's quality of life. They pride themselves on delivering person-centred care in a dignified manner, promoting independence and choice.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate senior care assistant. This home are really looking for an individual who has similar experience within the private sector and excellent medicines management skills.
As Senior Care Assistant, you will be in charge of the day-to-day supervision of residents and junior staff. Your duties will centre on providing the highest standards of care to the home's residents as well as ensuring that their physical, social and emotional needs are met.
You will be working with a committed team of staff who are friendly and supportive. They are looking for a Senior Care Assistant who has the experience to support the needs of the home and the residents they look after.
* This position is for a Senior Care Assistant, working days and weekends only.
36 hours' p/week. 5.6 weeks' holiday with excellent support to progress within this role.
You should have 3 years' experience within a senior Care Assistant position.
Excellent Medication management skills and feel confident leading junior staff.
Role requirements for the Senior Care Assistant:
• Supporting and supervising the team
• Training and development of junior staff
• Developing therapeutic or beneficial relationships with residents/colleagues
• Delivering high standards of person-centred care to the residents
• Help maintain cleanliness and tidiness of home
• Support the Home Manager in implementing personalised care plans, and reviewing and monitoring these on a regular basis
Skills/Qualifications for the Senior Care Assistant:
• NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care or above
• Experience working in elderly/dementia care
• 3 years' experience within a senior care assistant position
• Medications management qualification
• Flexibility to work weekends
• Excellent communication & organisational skills
In return, my client will offer an hourly rate of £9.50 p/h and a fantastic benefits package, including excellent career progression and training.
If you are interested in finding out more or applying for the Senior Care Assistant role, then please send your most recent CV, outlining your experience and suitability for this position.