Nursing Home House Manager - RGN/RMN
Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, Scotland
House Manager - RGN or RMN
£33,419 - Based on a 42 hour contract
Full time 42 hours per week - mixed shifts on a rota system to include 18 hours of supernumery
Managing a 24 bed and 16 bed dementia houses and in charge of 2 Junior Sisters, 4 Staff Nurses, 6 Senior Care Assistants and 10 Care Assistants
About the role
- You will play a key role within the home, responsible for the care and safety of all residents and the smooth running of the Home ensuring that all care interventions meet Bupa and local policies and procedures
- Drawing on your clinical experience, you will provide leadership and managerial responsibilities, support, guidance and assistance to the team around you
- By creating and developing strong relationships with key partners within the community, you will play an important role in strengthening the Bupa brand and raising the care home's profile
- You'll ensure adequate staffing is always maintained within the home through efficient management of staff rotas, and from time to time, will provide cover out of hours, as required
- You will be responsible for medical costs, annual leave management, and sickness management.
Who we're looking for
- First Level registration Registered Nurse (RGN.RMN) with at least 2 years post registration experience
- Evidence of management experience desirable
- Work within the NMC Code of Conduct
- Remain updated and ensure that clinical practice is evidence based.
- Have a personal development plan and professional portfolio.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative unsupervised.
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritise and organise workload appropriately.
What's in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive salary and benefits that include:
- 28 days holiday (including statutory bank holidays) pro-rata depending on your working hours
- A starting salary which reflects your current skills and experience. You will be given every opportunity to increase this salary through training and development.
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
- Free uniform
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development to widen your career prospects
Apply now - Email a copy of your CV stating "House Manager Victoria Manor" to Apply
- £ 33.42 - 33.42 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 16 Jun 2017
Closes 17 Jul 2017
This job was posted to: Home manager