I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Brighton, East Sussex, England
Job Role: Business Support Manager
Location: National at Home Level
Department : Operations
Reporting to the Regional Manager
Salary: £60,000- £70,000 + Benefits
Athona Recruitment are excited to currently be working with one of the UK's leading providers of elderly care, who require a Peripatetic Business Manager for their luxury homes. Their homes provide the highest level of residential, nursing and specialist dementia care. They offer a very attractive total reward package, including highly competitive salary and bonus, pension and benefits, professional development and great career opportunities to progress within the organisation for the right candidates
• Lead their business area ensuring, through the team, that the home achieves the highest possible levels of customer service and business performance.
• Work closely with the Clinical Lead within the home to ensure that standards of care and compliance with regulatory requirements are maintained at all times.
• Control and monitor budgetary expenditure for each department or seek appropriate approval for any departure from budget assumptions.
• Safeguard company and resident finances by monitoring and auditing monies within the home according to company policy.
• Develop a sound knowledge of the fees structure and maintain fee levels according to budget expectations.
• Manage and monitor home administration services and financial affairs, ensuring compliance with company policy.
• Check payroll information for accuracy, ensuring hours utilised are within budget. (Flexed to occupancy if required) and authorised.
• Take overall responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of information entered into company systems.
Sales and Marketing:
• Management of enquiries and the ‘end to end’ customer journey.
• Improvements to product and service presentation where this has the potential to impact on occupancy and conversion.
• Control of the Sales and Marketing plan; including Business to Business and Business to Consumer sales activity.
• Stakeholder liaison and management: networking and relationship building with key local contacts: Local Authority, CCG, General Practitioners.
Customer service and Hospitality management:
• Directing all hospitality service areas: reception, catering. Housekeeping.
• Establishing and monitoring KPI’s in each area.
• Supplier liaison and supplier management.
• Handling customer feedback and complaints.
• Provide an excellent service by building and leading a successful team with clear roles, purpose, expectations and accountabilities.
• Undertake workforce planning; plan succession for key roles and ensure skills mix throughout the home.
• Manage staff rosters according to budget and maximise staff utilisation by minimising unproductive hours such as sickness absence.
• Reduce risk of complaints and safeguarding incidents by managing poor performance of staff and effectively utilising HR policies and procedures.
• Reduce risk of company liability by consulting HR department to coordinate handling of disciplinary /investigatory issues arising and ensure learning points are actioned.
• Conduct regular supervision/staff appraisals (timescales according to policy) with senior staff members. Delegate management of other staff supervisions/appraisals; monitor to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
• Build a competent workforce by developing a training plan and ensuring that as part of this activity all mandatory training is undertaken within 8 weeks of initial employment and continuously as required. Monitor e- learning percentages and take appropriate action in handling noncompliance.
• Coordinate high priority training programmes focused on particular areas of importance for the home including: customer service, enquiry management, preparation for inspection.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Recognised Business Management Qualification
• Experience of working in a Business Leadership role within a private sector multisite environment including hospitability, or the support services sector
Job related knowledge and skills:
• Strong Business and Commercial Acumen
• The ability to lead and manage a team
• Experience of developing internal and external business relationships based on mutual respect and professionalism
• Good working knowledge of Sales and Marketing practices
• Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for the role
• Confident in delivery against agreed objectives and deadlines
Key relationships (internal):
• Clinical Lead
• Staff members at Home level
• Support departments
Key relationships (external):
• Local Authorities
• General Practitioner Practises
Ref: kels BM peri
Bristol, City of Bristol, England£ 60,000 - 60,000 Per yearPermanentPosted 22nd January 2018
£ 60,000 - 60,000 Per yearFull timePermanentPosted 22nd January 2018Closes 22nd February 2018Ref GG/HQ00019922
Nursing Home Manager (Nursing & elderly care) Location- Bristol &...