Supervisor - Social Work Services
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Social Work Services Supervisor.
The Supervisor - Social Work Services coordinates daily and unit-based planning activities of Social Work Services and is responsible for the recommendation, development and implementation of unit based policies and procedures and for keeping the Manager - Social Work and Care Coordination informed of both progress and potential problems. The Social Work Services Supervisor carries a clinical caseload and provides family centered support services to women, children and families to cope with both acute and chronic illnesses. S/he is responsible for assessment of psychosocial functioning and capacities, counseling for care planning and decision making, social work treatment, including support through the diagnosis and treatment phases of care, and community resource planning and access.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serves as a professional and role model for staff and is an advocate for patients and their families demonstrating behaviors consistent with the organizational/ education competency framework, values, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Participates in planning and program direction in accordance with organizational and departmental goals and objectives
- Provides supervision and guidance to staff ensuring that all care is provided in accordance with Divisional Core Standards and established policies and procedures
- Evaluates and ensures that individualized discharge planning needs are assessed on admission
- Ensures an inter professional approach to facilitate a timely discharge or transfer to the next level of care or home
- Ensures safe patient care by making patient assignments based on patient acuity and skill mix
- Evaluates and ensures that clinical documentation, diagnoses and plans of care are integrated and effective in delivering an individual plan of care
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk
- Demonstrates an understanding of evidence-based healthcare methodology and its ability to positively impact patient outcomes
- Participates in the integration and evaluation of research into practice
- Utilizes outcome measures to evaluate effectiveness of care through the review of data and the questioning of inconsistencies
- Works towards the achievement of agreed key performance indicators for self and unit
- Identifies patient care issues and/or strategies to improve and positively impact on the quality of care and patient outcomes
- Collaborates with the Social Work Services Manager and Clinical Educators in planning, implementation and evaluation of patient/ family and staff education
- Applies problem solving techniques and evidence based solutions to service related issues. Evaluates and ensures appropriate escalation of issues to meet patient/ family/ staff needs and resolve conflicts
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with patients, families and colleagues, addresses patient/ family complaints immediately and assists in the investigation of written complaints
- Master's Degree in Social Work
- 5 years of relevant clinical experience including 2 years progressive management experience
- Strong clinical expertise across the competencies of the Social Work profession
- Experience in Social Work department leadership/supervisory roles/responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks including direct clinical work and administrative responsibilities
- Registration as Social Worker and Licensure in Country of Origin
- Member of leading Social Work association in Country of Origin
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of Social Work principles and practices
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Social worker