Manager - Social Work and Care Coordination
Our client is an ultramodern, all-digital academic medical centre specialising in the provision of care for women and children. Based in Qatar, our client will focus on world-class patient care, medical education and biomedical research.
We are recruiting for a Manager to work within the Social Work and Care Coordination Department.
The Manager - Social Work and Care Coordination is responsible for leading and demonstrating the provision of safe, patient and family focused quality care in his/her service, 24-hours a day. The post holder is a key member of the inter professional team and ensures that standards for social work and case management are adhered to at the service level. The Manager - Social Work and Care Coordination in collaboration with team members is accountable for ensuring that commissioning, recruitment, onboarding, orientation and service activation responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the hospital's plans, policies, and timelines. The incumbent identifies risks in these processes, informs leadership and actively participates in managing timely solutions.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serves as a professional and role model for staff and is an advocate for patients and their families demonstrating behaviors consistent with the organizational/education competency framework, values, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Provides supervision and guidance to staff ensuring that all care is provided in accordance with Divisional Core Standards of Care and established policies and procedures
- Evaluates and ensures that individualized discharge planning needs are assessed on admission
- Ensures an interprofessional approach to facilitate timely discharge or transfer to the next level of care or home
- Ensures safe patient care by making patient assignments based on patient acuity and skill mix
- Evaluates and ensures that clinical documentation, diagnoses and plans of care are integrated and effective in delivering an individual plan of care
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk
- Demonstrates an understanding of evidence-based healthcare methodology and its ability to positively impact patient outcomes
- Participates in the integration and evaluation of research into practice
- Utilizes outcome measures to evaluate effectiveness of care through the review of data and the questioning of inconsistencies
- Works towards the achievement of agreed key performance indicators for self and unit
- Identifies patient care issues and/or strategies to improve and positively impact on the quality of care and patient outcomes
- Collaborates with the Clinical Educators in planning, implementation and evaluation of patient/family and staff education
- Applies problem solving techniques and evidence based solutions to service related issues. Evaluates and ensures appropriate escalation of issues to meet patient/family/staff needs and resolve conflicts
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with patients, families and colleagues, addresses patient/family complaints immediately and assists in the investigation of written complaints
- Ensures the effective orientation, precepting and support of new staff and students
- Provides a welcoming work environment and monitors and tracks individuals' progress
- Contributes to the employee performance appraisal cycle objectively and assists with action plans arising from appraisals as necessary
- Counsels and/or disciplines staff when appropriate
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Nursing, or Related Health Care field
- 7+ years of relevant experience including 3+ years of progressive management experience
- Current Registration and License from country of origin
- Demonstrated managerial experience in specialty area
- Demonstrated experience with interviewing, hiring, mentoring and performance evaluation
- Demonstrated experience with clinical Information systems, including staffing and scheduling systems, and time and attendance systems
Qualifications/ Specialisation - as per the client's requirements.
A full job description available upon request.
Benefits- Highly competitive package including a Tax free salary + benefits. Full details of the package will be discussed directly.
Please note the targeted start date for the position is dependent on the current timeline for the project. Likewise, the processing of licensing (if applicable)/ visas etc. also need to be considered. We will advise candidates specifically when we discuss the opportunity.
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 21 Nov 2016
Closes 19 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Community care, Social worker