Are you passionate about the safeguarding and welfare of children in your borough while also getting the support and training you need? Well our client has an exciting opportunity for experienced Social Worker to help towards this goal.
To work with children, families, other agencies and the community to improve the lives of children and families, enabling them to be independent, safe and remain together where possible, receiving the right intervention and support when needed.Role Responsibilities:
- To respond to and deal with emergency calls immediately and safely.
- Undertake effective assessment of need, analysis and management of risk for allocated children.
- Conduct statutory work with children who are subject to Child In Need plans, Child Protection Plans or children who are Looked After up to the point that permanency plans are put in place.
- Carry out statutory visits, monitor and assess children’s safety and welfare and act promptly on any concerns.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with children and young people, their families and carers; providing advice and support and helping resolve conflict, where appropriate.
- Help children and young people, families, carers and communities to make informed choices and decisions, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning.
- Maintain accurate and up to date case management records and produce concise, comprehensive and timely assessment and reports for child protection conferences, Children In Need meetings, planning meetings, court hearings etc.
- Prepare and manage cases for court, including liaison with children’s guardians and other legal representatives
If you are interested in this position please click 'apply' below.Earn more than ever before
We have recently updated our refer a friend scheme: You can now earn even more for every friend you recommend (up to £500), and there is no limit to how many friends you send to us. Find out more at Apply
/recommend-a-friend HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability. This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. HCL operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK.