I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Quattro Healthcare are seeking enthusiastic and experienced Support Workers for a learning disabilities establishment in North Walsham, Norfolk.
As a support worker, you will be responsible for supporting service users with their goals based within their home environments or local community. Activities of support vary from daily living skills, teaching of independent life skills to assistance with accessing community based activities such as going to college, work placements and other social and leisure activities. Successful candidates must have a minimum 6 months of experience supporting adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism or complex behavioural needs.
• General housekeeping e.g. cooking, shopping, domestic duties etc, and helping Service Users to maintain all aspects of their domestic lives.
• Facilitating socialization and social activities e.g. visiting family/friends, walks, cinema/theatre, meals out.
• Monitoring progress and recording notes on daily record sheets relating to each visit.
• Liaise with families, friends, advocates, external agencies and the management team to provide a consistent approach that meets the individual needs of each service user.
• To empathise and actively listen in a sensitive manner accessing appropriate additional support where necessary.
• To support Service Users to access appropriate health care provision enabling them to make an informed choice regarding any prescribed treatment, seeking advice where necessary.
• To create opportunities for Service Users to develop establish and maintain personal relationships and social networks, which encourage greater participation and integration in their chosen communities.
Essential Skills, Experience & Attitude:
• Minimum 6 months of experience in working with adults who have learning/multiple disabilities living in the community.
• An understanding of the needs of adults with learning disabilities who are vulnerable within society.
• Experience of providing care to people with learning disabilities.
• MVA Trained or Breakaway Trained
• Physically fit and able to undertake safe manual handling practices including possessing current practical manual handling training and certification.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good telephone manner and good level of spoken English.
• Observant and sensitive to a Service User's needs.
• Ability to liaise with outside agencies and other professionals.
• Ability to work autonomously and productively as part of a team.
• Current, relevant and certified trainings.
• A current enhanced DBS.
Location: North Walsham, Norfolk
Pay: £8.50ph to £12.00ph
Quattro Healthcare employees need to be professional, punctual and passionate about making a difference- if this sounds like you then please apply online or call Apply.
Or bring all relevant documents to:
Quattro Healthcare Ltd
Queen Street, Old Bank of England Court, Norwich, NR2 4SX
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then your application has not been successful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of Quattro Healthcare LTD who operate as an Employment Business. Quattro Healthcare Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer.