I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Children's Professional Development Manager
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Practice, Quality and Learning Service within Surrey Children's Service. The team supports continuous improvement as a learning organisation to positively impact upon practice standards and deliver improved outcomes for vulnerable children and families.
About the role:
* As Professional Development Manager you will lead in the professional development of trainee and practicing social workers and will have the knowledge and expertise to provide advice and support in a range of areas including Student Placements, Step Up, Apprenticeships, Accreditation and ASYE.
* You will manage the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) and develop the Teaching Partnership to improve the overall quality of practice learning.
* You will supervise the Practice Educator role with the team and develop and expand the training and support to Practice Educators and Work Based Supervisors to ensure a high quality placement experience for students.
* You will take on responsibility for supervision of non-professionally qualified staff, particularly the Senior Family Support Worker (CSE) following appropriate training on staff supervision and assessment of competence, and mentor newly qualified social workers.
* Evaluating practice through audit and quality assurance, evidencing outcomes and working with managers across Children's Service to develop plans and actions that drive practice and service improvement.
Requirements of a Development Manager:
* Professional social work qualification, CQSW or Diploma in Social Work (Dip SW )
* You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with Universities, Higher Education institutions, partner organisations and the SW London & Surrey Alliance on a local, regional and national level to promote collaboration, joint working and share best practice.
* A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
What to expect:
* Generous Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
* Relocation allowance up to £8,000 (subject to criteria)
* A wide variety of training and development opportunities
* Flexible working options
* Commitment to Career Progression
* Childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and subsidised gym membership
* Many more benefits under an internal rewards scheme.
Can you see yourself working in Surrey?
This job is advertised by Vincent Lagos Colombel; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Somerset, England£ 28 - 35 Per hourContractPosted 15th April 2018
£ 28 - 35 Per hourFull timeContractPosted 15th April 2018Closes 12th October 2018Ref HD64
Children's Qualified Social Worker, various teamsMedicare First is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated advanced soci...