ASTI – £29.93ph – Birmingham
We are the Master Vendor for Birmingham City Council’s children services and we are currently recruiting for a Senior Social Worker role within their Assessment Short-Term Intervention team. This will be based in their New Aston House location.
As a senior social worker (on an initial 3 month contract), you will earn an hourly rate of £29.93, which is the capped rate within all local authorities in the West Midlands. This role includes:
You will need:
- ASTI Teams receive referrals that require assessment and possible support and intervention after they have been triaged in MASH.
- The aim of the ASTI Team is to undertake assessment and short-term intervention work with children and families. ASTI teams listen to and work with children and their families when they have complex and significant needs. They work with each child whose needs are so significant that they need a statutory social work intervention, or specialist services to prevent significant harm or serious risks to their health or welfare.
- ASTI Teams undertake the majority of first assessments and provide short-term solutions that focus support intervention where this can resolve the issues highlighted in the assessment. This work takes the form of a Child in Need Plan (CIN Plan) and is carried out with parental agreement. CIN Plans can be multi-agency; with schools, local health services and others contributing to the plan as required.
- A key role of ASTI Teams is to ensure that children and families get an appropriate and helpful response without delay and that only those children and families who need specialist or longer-term interventions are passed to Safeguarding Teams.
- At least 3 years of experience in a qualified social work role.
- To have worked within a Children’s team previously.
You need to have a relevant social work qualification. E.g. CQSW, CSS, DipSW, HCPC and eligibility to work in the UK.Contact:
If you are interested in this position please call Jonathan James on Apply
ext.1493 or click 'apply'. Working for HCL Social Care:
• Support from a dedicated consultant with extensive social work experience in your particular region of the country, as well as a dedicated compliance officer.
• Choice of a variety of social work jobs across 150 authorities throughout the UK.
• LTD, PAYE or Umbrella company payments with our daily payroll system.
• Referral scheme - £200 for each successfully placed candidates.Earn more than ever before
We have recently updated our refer a friend scheme: You can now earn even more for every friend you recommend (up to £500), and there is no limit to how many friends you send to us. Find out more at Apply
/recommend-a-friend HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability. This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. HCL operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK.